DNS Update: Windows 7
How to update the DNS servers in Windows 7
1. Go the Control Panel.
2. Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings.
3. Right click the connection that you want to configure (We recommend changing DNS on ALL of the listed adapters)
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
4. Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click Properties.
5. Select Use the following DNS server addresses. (If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.)
Replace those addresses with the IP address of Cloudflare and Google DNS servers:
For IPv4: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
6. Select ‘OK, then ‘Close’
At this point, we recommend the DNS resolver cache and web browser caches to ensure that your new DNS configuration settings take immediate effect. Flush DNS by this procedure
Press the Windows Key or hover your mouse over the bottom left corner and click the Windows Icon
Begin typing Command Prompt
Right-click the application and select Run as Administrator
Run the following command in the command line and hit enter: ipconfig /flushdns
7. Restart the connection to the VPN