New SlickVPN Version v0.261 Now Available
The premier SlickVPN program has hit a new version and is available for both Windows and OpenVPN users.
The new version of the VPN program comes with a lot of benefits and bug fixes. The new version updates both Windows and OpenVPN options.
- Windows: updated TAP driver and OpenVPN binaries to latest versions.
- Windows: fixed localization bug in the service that would cause connections to fail if the tap driver name contained certain UTF8 characters.
- Windows: fixed an issue that caused the application to hang if the service wasn’t running during an attempted connection.
- Usernames are now always sent to gateways in lower case. Mixed cause usernames caused problems with authentication in certain circumstances with UDP connections.
- Changed default OpenVPN options to add the ‘explicit-exit-notify’ option to notify the server when a UDP connection is terminated.
- Changed default OpenVPN options to add the ‘server-poll-timeout’ option with a value of 10 seconds. This should help some users that were having problems when connecting.
- Added the ability to push new OpenVPN default settings to users through the API.
- Fixed horizontal scrolling from the keyboard on the full log tab.
- Added update status message during client IP address lookup.
If you’re an existing SlickVPN customer, you can easily upgrade to the latest version by logging into your admin account and use the “Downloads” section on the bottom left panel.
After downloading, the program will update to the latest version. Be sure to have the VPN program closed before running and installing the new version.
If you have any questions or require any assistance, contact our customer support department here.