Setting up PPTP on Windows 7
Open the Control Panel, go to Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center.
2. Choose ‘Set up a new connection’, then ‘Connect to a workplace’, then ‘Use my Internet connection’.
3. Enter a gateway address (ex gw1.iad1.slickvpn.com) and name the connection (SlickVPN). Check the ‘Don’t connect now’ box
4. Enter username and password (plaintext password for PTPP connection). Click ‘Create’, then ‘Done’ in the next window.
5. In the Network and Sharing Center, click on ‘Connect to a network’. Right click on the network we just created and select properties.
6. Under the Security tab, change type of VPN to PPTP. Under ‘Allow these protocols’ check MS-CHAP v2.
7. Under networking, uncheck all boxes except IPv4 and then save the configuration.
8. In the Network and Sharing Center, click on ‘Connect to a network’, then select the new connection and connect.